Designing commercial spaces requires special attention to the physical and technical qualities of the materials selected for the project. Discover Ragno’s porcelain stoneware products
Designing commercial spaces requires careful selection of cladding materials and involves very delicate aspects, all of which are equally important.
It is first necessary to identify the target audience of the commercial space in order to choose the aesthetic elements for the sales and reception areas. Clearly identifying its users is essential for guiding the project, including in terms of environmental sustainability.
The intended use clarifies the flows and usability of spaces, even more delicate aspects since, depending on the total amount of users, designers must select materials that meet multiple criteria: wear, resistance, durability and waterproofing for both indoor and outdoor spaces, as well as surfaces that are hygienic and easy to clean.
Finally, the relationship between interior and exterior space design must be considered, using products that ensure formal continuity.
Porcelain stoneware is ideal for coverings in commercial locations because it combines aesthetics and functionality in a product that meets the numerous technological requirements of high-traffic premises:
– it is available in a wide range of colours and sizes suitable for vertical and horizontal layouts and indoor and outdoor locations;
– it offers excellent resistance to foot traffic and abrasion, making it particularly cost-effective and durable;
– it guarantees resistance to mechanical, chemical and hygrothermal stress (waterproof and resistant to fire, contact abrasion and frost);
– it is extremely workable since it is easy to cut;
– it is hygienic and easy to clean since it does not absorb dirt and aggressive chemicals;
– it is versatile, durable and inexpensive to maintain, making it very environmentally sustainable.
Every product in the Ragno collections can meet all the requirements relating to the physical and technical performance of materials intended for public use; the very high technological levels and wide range of sizes, finishes and colours are perfectly suited to the different needs and uses of contract furnishings, from small restaurants to large hospitality facilities.
Ragno’s new patented StepWise technology guarantees excellent compliance with the friction requirements of the most stringent non-slip regulations, while offering products that are pleasant to the touch and extremely easy to clean. This is not a treatment, but an intrinsic characteristic of the material.
Cleanout Antibacterial Protection technology offers an antibacterial treatment based on silver ions that is incorporated into the ceramic production process and designed to inhibit the bacterial load of pathogenic microorganisms by up to 99.99%.
Finally, the extra-thick 20 mm products are specifically designed for outdoors and provide formal continuity between indoor and outdoor spaces.
Browse the gallery and be inspired.